Tuesday 1 January 2013

My Best Reads of 2012

I read so many good books this year it was hard to pick my favourites!  Here are my best reads of 2012 (in no particular order):

The Help - Kathryn Stockett

Doomsday Book - Connie Willis

The Dovekeeper - Alice Hoffman

Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

The Reluctant Journal of Henry K. Larsen - Susin Nielsen

Ready Player One - Ernest Cline

Still Life - Louise Penny

Wonder - R.J. Palacio

I laughed and cried my way through this amazing book.  August Pullman is an ordinary boy with one difference; he was born with a facial deformity which has kept him out of public school...until now.  Such an incredible story! Inspiring, funny, and courageous; this is a must read.

The Causal Vacancy - J.K. Rowling

Oh J.K. you have done it again.  Such a different book from her Harry Potter series, you wouldn't even know it was her!  The story of a small town full of awful and fascinating people and what happens after a local man dies and leaves a spot on the local town counsel.  So well written and engaging; I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Most of the time, there is no truth, only various levels of interpretation. Fact is a construct we provide to the public.”

The Ashford Affair  by Lauren Willig I really enjoyed Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and thought I would give one of her stan...