Saturday 13 June 2015

Best Books of the Year (so far!)

Can you believe we are already well into June?  I can't quite either!

At my bookstore, we started a tradition last year around this time of each staffer picking their Best Book of the Year (so far).  Last year, that book was Alice Hoffman's The Museum of Extraordinary Things, which actually went on to be my Best Book of the Year period.  While I read that in February, nothing went on to top it for the rest of the year, despite having read a number of wonderful books in 2014.

So 2015.  Well, again I've read some pretty great books so far this year!  But, if it comes down to picking just one, it would have to be....drumroll...


In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume.

For me, this book just captured a feeling I almost can't describe; It just felt so special.  

Since I've already shared my love of this book in a previous post (found here), I won't go into it again.  Instead, here are 5 other books that I have also loved so far this year!

1. The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
The Queen of the Tearling was one of my favourite books last year so it's no surprise that its sequel made my list this year.  Just WOW! Now this is how you do a sequel!  Queen Kelsea is one of the best bad add heroines out there.  If you haven't check out this series, run, don't walk to your local indie bookstore and let the obsession begin.

2. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Another book I've already raved about on the blog (found here)!  

3.  The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
Liane Moriarty is the best author find I've had this year and this is the book that did it for me.  It's smart, funny, tugged at the heartstrings, and had explosive twists and turns.  This is a beach read at its best here people!

4. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
I didn't want this book to end and I still miss the characters.  A story of revenge, redemption, loyalty, and the exploration of self.  Plus, tons of FUN to read!

5. Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon
Book 8 in my all time favourite series, Outlander.  Diana Gabaldon, you brought your A game with this one.  Twists and turns all over the place, I was laughing, crying, and savouring every page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

“Most of the time, there is no truth, only various levels of interpretation. Fact is a construct we provide to the public.”

The Ashford Affair  by Lauren Willig I really enjoyed Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and thought I would give one of her stan...