Sunday 7 June 2015

Who Run the World?

I just wanted to share this great article I read in The Guardian a couple months back.  Feeding the Hunger: How Female Writers are Storming the Male Citadels of Sci-Fi is chock full of fantastic recommendation of book that are already out, and forthcoming, by kick ass ladies writing kick ass worlds and characters.  I know this gave me several titles to add to my to-read list!

After having read this article, I went and finally picked up my copy of The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon and yes, while I found it had ups and downs, this is the beginning of an exciting new world and series (there are 7 books planned in this series).  I can also give two very enthusiastic thumbs up to Erika Johansen's The Queen of the Tearling, which was not only one of my favourite books from last year, but also probably the best fantasy novel I've read in a long time.  I was lucky enough to get an ARC of the upcoming sequel, The Invasion of the Tearling, and I suspect it's going to blow me away as well.

Well, what are you waiting for?  Time to get your Sci-Fi on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Most of the time, there is no truth, only various levels of interpretation. Fact is a construct we provide to the public.”

The Ashford Affair  by Lauren Willig I really enjoyed Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and thought I would give one of her stan...