Wednesday 30 November 2011

What Would Nancy Do? (WWND)

If you are heavily involved or interested in the literary world you have probably at one time or another heard of Nancy Pearl.  American librarian, best-selling author, and literary critic; Nancy has done it all and made quite a name for herself in the book world.  One of my favourite Nancy facts is that she is the only librarian to have her only action figure.

I wanted to share this article from the Globe and Mail that I just read.  It is written by Nancy and describes her "Rule of 50", a rule for dropping a bad / disappointing/etc...book.  As someone who often has a hard time putting down a book that I'm not enjoying (I always feel that I should finish what I started!) I find this to be quite the helpful and informative read (Yay! Other people face this problem too!).

Nancy Pearl's Rule of 50 for Dropping a Bad Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Most of the time, there is no truth, only various levels of interpretation. Fact is a construct we provide to the public.”

The Ashford Affair  by Lauren Willig I really enjoyed Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and thought I would give one of her stan...