Wednesday 28 March 2012

“I gasp, and I'm Eve in the Garden of Eden, and he's the serpent, and I cannot resist.”

After hearing so much buzz about Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, the erotic ebook phenomenon that seems to be taking the world by storm, I felt that I had to join the party and get the 411 on this.  Let me just say....oh my....I had a friend as me what I thought of the book / was it as scandalous as all the press was saying and my answer was yes, yes it is.  The best way I can describe it is by comparing it to another literary phenomenon, the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.  Now if you have read that series, thing about what it is about, the general storyline, characters, etc...Now take out all the supernatural elements....and in place of all the longing, sexually charged looks between Bella and Edward add a whole lotta kinky sex (and I do mean kinky!).  While the writing is not stellar and the story is somewhat predictable (except the ending which I didn't see coming, especially since there are two more books in the series) it was an enjoyable read and I can see why women everywhere are getting all hot and bothered across the globe.  I will read the next two books because at this point I really need to see what other shocking things Ana and Christian get into.  Curiosity has definitely gotten the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Most of the time, there is no truth, only various levels of interpretation. Fact is a construct we provide to the public.”

The Ashford Affair  by Lauren Willig I really enjoyed Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and thought I would give one of her stan...