Friday 3 May 2013

Books About Falling in Love to Fall in Love With

Stephenie Perkins
Anna and the French Kiss
Lola and the Boy Next Door

I have to say that when I first picked up Anna and the French Kiss, I was a little put off.  First of all, the title was a little cheesy...and the cover was definitely cheesy...But, I had heard so many wonderful things about Perkins as a writer and about this book being a fun and lovely love story that I though, oh what's the worse that can happen?  Apparently nothing because I LOVED IT!  This book reminds you of what it is like to fall in love for the first time, what being a teenager is like, and how exciting it can be to discover a new city.  Lola and the Boy Next Door was a similar reading experience in that it was charming, relatable, and just plain fun to read.  I found myself laughing and crying through both of these amazing stories and I am really excited to read the final installment in Perkin's teen trilogy (btw, both stories do connect together by character cameos and that makes it even more enjoyable since who doesn't like revisiting beloved characters?), Isla and the Happily Ever After, which come out this fall.


Gayle Forman
Just One Day


What a wonderful story of self discovery and finding true love.  I can't believe that I have to wait for the sequel!  Allyson is such a relatable character with her vulnerability and courage; I know that I was able to see myself in her and I'm sure many readers feel the same way.  I just loved this book.

When sheltered American good girl Allyson "LuLu" Healey first meets laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter at an underground performance of Twelfth Night in England, there’s an undeniable spark. After just one day together, that spark bursts into a flame, or so it seems to Allyson, until the following morning, when she wakes up after a whirlwind day in Paris to discover that Willem has left. Over the next year, Allyson embarks on a journey to come to terms with the narrow confines of her life, and through Shakespeare, travel, and a quest for her almost-true-love, to break free of those confines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Most of the time, there is no truth, only various levels of interpretation. Fact is a construct we provide to the public.”

The Ashford Affair  by Lauren Willig I really enjoyed Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and thought I would give one of her stan...