Tuesday 7 July 2015

Talking Books Outside the Bookstore

I've had some very cool book related opportunities with my job over the last couple of years.  I LOVE talking books not only at the bookstore but all over the place!

My co-worker and I are on The Simi Sara Show on CKNW about once a month. Simi is a huge reader and we always have such a good time talking books with her!

I was a bookseller at the TED Convention in Vancouver and it was such an amazing experience.  Can you tell we had fun?

Plus, look who we met! Neil Gaiman!!


I was a guest on CBC's B.C. Almanac.  I talked summer reading with Margaret Gallagher and the call in segment allowed me to hear what people across the province were digging into this summer.  If you are interested in hearing the full interview, the podcast is available here (interview is at around the 30 min mark).  Plus, please enjoy this photo CBC took of me posing with some books.


I also had the opportunity to talk summer reading on Global TV's Morning Show.  Steve Darling and Sophie Lui were lovely and it was fun talking about great reads for all ages!  For the full video interview, click here.

Any time I get the chance to talk books with people, it's definitely a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Most of the time, there is no truth, only various levels of interpretation. Fact is a construct we provide to the public.”

The Ashford Affair  by Lauren Willig I really enjoyed Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and thought I would give one of her stan...