Sunday 10 January 2016

"I was as unburdened as a piece of dandelion fluff, and he was the wind that stirred me about the world"

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)My first Sarah J. Maas novel and I enjoyed in immensely!  Well written, lots of action, and very sexy.  As far as "Beauty and the Beast" retellings go, I thought that this one was well done.  I read a lot of mixed reviews from other readers of this book so I went into it a bit cautiously.  However, it worked for me.  I liked that there were slower, more contemplative portions of the novel, followed by badass action sequences.  The romance was, to me, believable, and not over the top like it appeared to be for some readers.  The characters were interesting and Maas has done a good job of creating and world I want to know more about.  I will definitely be picking up book two when it comes out later this year.

When nineteen-year old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it.  Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin - one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world. 

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae.  But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it...or doom Tamlin - and his world - forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Most of the time, there is no truth, only various levels of interpretation. Fact is a construct we provide to the public.”

The Ashford Affair  by Lauren Willig I really enjoyed Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and thought I would give one of her stan...